[Book Review] Think and Grow Rich
- Book Title: Think and Grow Rich – *Over 30 Million copies sold!
- Author: Napoleon Hill
- Genre/ Category: Human behaviour
- Average Rating: 4.5 Stars
1. Mastermind: “You are the average of your top 5 average people you hang around most” – Surround yourself with people that will positively influence a positive result for you and the way you behave and think – ‘Mastermind’ is a group of like-minded people where you can share thoughts and goals to get feedback and move in the best possible direction – Ideally in person or online.
2. Become bored: Think and become bored – Think proactively, get clarity and eventually become bored. At this point, often your best insights evolve.
3. Journal workshop: Record what you ACTUALLY want –
- First, set the EXACT amount (or exact objective) you want to earn/ achieve at a given future date? – Plan it properly and write it down
- Determine exactly what you will give up (sacrifice) for this amount of money (or for this goal)?
- Establish a definite date you plan to acquire this money/ goal? – Set a deadline date and take action!
- Create a definite plan to acquire that money or goal and take the first step IMMEDIATELY – i.e. Get coaching, gain a greater skill set, work harder etc.?
- Turn the plan (four steps) above into a clear, concise one line sentence that you will memorize – i.e. I will achieve ‘X’ within ‘Y’ amount of time doing ‘Z’
- Read or rehearse the one line statement, as above, twice daily to reinforce your primary objective(s) – Once in the morning and once at night
Clark Kegley: Top 10 from 'Think & Grow Rich' (Part II) -
- BLUEPRINT: Everything is created twice. (iPhone/ computer/ your life) –
- Example: Think about a time in your life you thought through a BIG decision. LOA: Think it then it happens — Touring in a band, Six figures TAGR all about allowing yourself to think big. Create it first in your mind. Commit right now to not be brought down by the haters. Don’t let people bring your dreams down to their level. Keep that blueprint alive and you’ll succeed
- Obsession: How bad do you want it?
- STORY: Eric Thomas tells in viral motivational speech: When you want to succeed as MUCH as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful
- Demand: Best business advice I ever got: Don’t try to create a demand, try to solve one. ALL business you love fill a demand –
- Example: UBER — solved problem taxis were bad experience and cost too much/ unreliable when you need them
- Example: Instagram — picture worth 1,000 words. Cut all spam with text and links give us the goods!
- Example: Snapchat — took it a step further and personal fun image texting!
- Example: This Video You’re watching — fill the demand for MORE book knowledge with less Effort (why the last one got 100k views!)
- Specialized Knowledge: Figure out your specialized Knowledge to fill a demand. General (school) vs. Specialized (personal study). Pays VERY well to know a LOT about a little
- On “Finding Your Passion” – The BIGGEST question I get is “how do I find my passion” – Simple answer? Figure out what you don’t love and fill in the gaps
- Act As If: There will be times we feel as if we’re not qualified for something. Whenever you want to do something BIG you’ve never done, you’re going to feel a level of imposter syndrome
- Take Away: Always act as if you ARE what you’re doing. Align over time
- Organized Planning: Thought I would touch on chunking/goals. If the goal is too far out, discouraging. Make it NEAR to you. Cannot stress importance making goals NEAR you- Break down into baby steps of importance
- Big Breaks: Luck is when opportunity meets hard work
- Master Mind: You are average of top 5 people hang around. Get a group of people together for a specific purpose
- Example: Group of men together in college. Small group. Accountability. Massive growth. Aren’t going to tolerate you settling. Start living. Closed RST FB group.
- Revisit Fundamentals
Credit: Clark Kegley
See recommended books by category & get your FREE eBook today!
*Click banners below to link to the relevant pages.
What we can offer you!
Four key areas where we can help you & your business.